Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Welcome to DC!

They're not in Montreal anymore:

During Road Trip, Nats Players' Cars Broken Into at RFK

By Barry Svrluga and Clarence Williams
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, June 25, 2005; E01

On Wednesday night, the Washington Nationals returned from their 10-day, three-city road trip still in first place in the National League East. They arrived at RFK Stadium by bus from Dulles Airport, grabbed their luggage and headed for their cars.

But when they arrived in the players' parking lot beyond the right field wall at RFK Stadium, they discovered that several of their cars had been broken into -- and that of outfielder Marlon Byrd had been stolen -- a breach of security that left several players angered and shaken.

"Bottom line, it was a [expletive] job done here by the people who work here, a [expletive] job here," Byrd said before last night's 3-0 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays. "There's no way that my car can be driven off the lot while we're out of town, and I get here, and I'm walking around looking for my car. Whoever's job it was, whoever's supposed to be doing that job, did not do their job."

Urge to sympathize dropping:

"I'm not stupid," outfielder Jose Guillen said. "I got nice cars. I got one car that's worth $280,000. I'm not leaving it here. This is a weird, weird, weird place."

That's just obscene. I remember the Cubs parking lot was basically full of tricked-out Lincoln Navigators and Mercedes'. The rookies probably drove the Hondas. I feel for anyone who has been the victim of crime. But I think these guys will be able to move on without skipping a beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home