Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Today's View from the Unemployment Line

My wonderful fiance bought me an external CD burner drive for my birthday. Today I decided to set it up. Problem is, my desk is a mess and I had no space left to set the thing up. What started out as the simple installation of a computer accessory soon involved a rearranging of my entire apartment and a trip to the wilds of the urban mall scene.

Being completely unorganized I spent the majority of my time in the Container Store. There were lots of cheap, plastic containers to choose from. Being unemployed, I couldn't afford the good stuff made of wood or less cheap plastic. I made a couple purchases and hoped my space and organization problems were behind me. Naturally, I fell far short of this goal. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to get my stupid new drive to work.

The drive now works, but the apartment is still a mess. One of these days I'll finally get myself all organized and caught up. Right. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home