Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

My Birthday

A lot of people have asked what I did to celebrate my birthday. I had a excellent pre-birthday celebration on Saturday with my future wife. She set the bar pretty high, so I'm going to have my work cut out for me in a few months. On my actual birthday day, I hit that Marlins/Expos game, in keeping with Chicago tradition. Last year I went to the Cubs game, treating myself to a third row seat and a 2-0 Cubs loss.

Maybe it was the crowd at the Cell on Monday, but I still didn't felt like I had really "celebrated" the day. So this afternoon, I grabbed a book, an amazing cigar, a Jim Beam & Coke, turned on my radio and took to the porch to catch the end of the Cubs game. There's nothing like hearing the 7th Inning Stretch from your own backyard, then listening to the crowd go wild as a Sammy Sosa grandslam clears the fence. It was truly the best way to wrap up the birthday week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home