Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Say What?

Relief pitcher Steve Kline of the Orioles is in hot water for criticizing his employer and the city of Baltimore. Recenlty, Kline remarked that he was miserable in Baltimore and wished he was back in St. Louis (where he used to play for the Cardinals). This is his apology:

"It's just stupid things I said. I'm too honest. Sometimes I need to lie a little bit. I love Baltimore, I love the town. I just hope the fans can forgive me for what I said."

So is he saying, "I was too honest when I said I hate Baltimore, so I need to lie a little bit...therefore, (lying) I LOVE Baltimore!?"

This should be candidate #1 for both the non-apology and most idiotic statement of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home