Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Friday, January 28, 2005

Ready for Fear Factor

OK. I lied. This is my last post from Chicago. But only because this story is so gross, but funny, that I have to share it. My sister is a Peace Corps volunteer in the Philippines. As one might imagine, everyday things we take for granted, like tap water, can sometimes be an adventure over there. Here she is, in her own words:

I haven't really had anything over the past 2 years that has "grossed me out". But last week I finally had an opportunity. It wasnt anything like worms thank God, just in case you were wondering. We have a well at out house and a water pump and a tank. So last Monday the tank went dry so I turned the pump back on to fill up the tank. That night I took a bucket shower and noticed that the water smelled a bit funny. Smelled funny in the bathroom sink too but not so much in the kitchen.

Next day bathroom water smelled a bit worse, and the kitchen water was a bit odorous too. I usually drink the tap water straight but decided to boil it that day.

Next day same thing, but when I boiled the water it still smelled weird. I was too sleepy too really care so I made some hot tea with it anyway.

By Thursday it was getting old that the water was wreaking so bad so me and my roommate decided to finally see if the landlady could do something about it. I asked my officemates for advice but this had never happened to them before. So on Friday morning I hoped that I had taken my last smelly bucket bath and the tank was scheduled to be cleaned later that day. When I got home, the landlady chuckled as she told me in tagalog something about a dead rat in the tank, hahahahaha.

Ugh. I had been bathing in and drinking rotten rat all week. Pretty nasty.

Here's to clean water!

19 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

university of georgia medical school surfing tonight I saw your blog. I liked it and wondered how you did that? Anyway, its a cool university of georgia medical school site...

Jon

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great site you have here. I was looking around for other rent to own homes sites when I found yours. Very excellently done. If you have time check out mine! **Rent-2-Own-Homes**

4:14 PM  
Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline canada cheap ticket
It deals mostly with airline canada cheap ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Brightskies said...

Dear Blogger, I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about my site based on birmingham airport parking but it also covers loads of Travel Related Stuff
Click Here

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Dog Coats** site/. It pretty much covers the sale of custom made dog coats.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was helpful. I think you might be interested in checking out saltwater aquarium store

9:51 PM  
Blogger GS said...

Hey here is a site that actually gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other useful information regarding Las Vegas getaways and las vegas shows Check it out las vegas shows

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jani said...

Hey here is a site that actually gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other useful information regarding Las Vegas getaways and fashionistas tickets Check it out fashionistas tickets

6:54 AM  
Blogger NewhampshireMan12 said...

Desktop Clock

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site. Check mine out if you can. bingo cash prize

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

4:59 AM  
Blogger Water & Fire said...

I love, will you marry me? If the answer is NO, then visit this site: Avalon Rawhide DVS Small Fireplace Idaho
. If I can't have you, at least enjoy my favorite past time.

1:36 PM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

Have you listed your blog in a blog directory?

"yahoo blog" is what I used to find your blog on google

yahoo blog

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ffa submitter

5:33 AM  
Blogger Britt Phillips ComputerMillions.com said...

I've been blessed to be a an all-time top income earner in the Coastal Vacations program for about eight years now. During that time I've talked with literally thousands and thousands of people working all sorts of business opportunities. I've spoken with many who are already in the Coastal Vacations program but who aren't having near the success they could be enjoying. In every case it all boiled down to two simple things...

1) They were not using a proven system.

2) They did not know how to properly automate their business using the wonderful technology we have today.

So there is a right way and a wrong way to do the Coastal Vacations program. And I can take anyone who is serious about making lots of money and teach them how to easily use my proven "Three Step Success System" to put $100,000. a month (or more) in their pocket very consistently. Click the link... coastal vacations program

8:17 PM  
Anonymous coastal vacations program said...

Mike C you're pretty passionate with your comments but have you ever heard of this - coastal vacations program ? I bet if you were to have a look you would get pretty excited. Take a peek and tell me what you think.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fantasy football name blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on fantasy football name. You can check out my forum about fantasy football name if you have a chance.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

3:39 PM  
Blogger rokkgod said...

I was surfing around and found another George Bush site.George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People This place has a ton of funny videos and mp3s.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home