Casualty of Capitalism

Exiled into Wilmington, Delaware by virtue of corporate layoffs. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2005, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

Graduate of University of Maryland School of Law; University of Maryland, College Park (Economics/Political Science).

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Fitting the Stereotype

Some people say lawyers have no sense of humor. Often, they're right.

Personally, I think lawyer jokes are hilarious, and I couldn't wait to be the punchline (mostly because that meant I passed the bar exam). They're funny because they're awful. The best one I have heard yet was at a suburban Chicago fish fry where a particularly hilarious gentleman told this joke between alternating bites of fried fish and devil's food cake (don't worry, this is normal in the Chicago suburbs):

I have a law firm that I always keep on retainer. You know what it's called? Smith & Wesson.

Horrible. But hilarious, considering the context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home